शनिवार, 22 मई 2010

Old Days Are Still There

While going through one village, I saw some colorful decorative papers tied making a circular well keeping a single bamboo in the center of the circle. Wait, I need not have to ask about this to anybody as for what purpose this decoration has been done. I have seen such kind of thing during my puerility days. It was a venue for the cycling competition. In this, someone owes a challenge of cycling unceasingly for 2 or 3 days. Here that person cycle for entire day and night until he meets the challenge. He takes food, drink water, do everything while cycling. This is one of the games which I had seen many times in my childhood days. Atleast once or twice every year. The reason why I like this very much is because of the fact that after rigorous and painful 2 or 3 days, a winner comes out of it. The man gets much accolade and acclamation and of course money from the locality.

After a much longer time I am seeing any such thing, perhaps after 15 - 20 years. I almost have forgotten this game.
Why only continuous cycling, there are lot of games such as ludo, kabbadi, gilli – danda, snake and ladder, Chinese checker etc which are now trivial these days, at least I think so.
But it is not always that I am right. And this time I am definitely not. Perhaps I am so busy and pre occupied with my own life that I almost have forgotten seeing kids playing different old days games. Perhaps nothing has changed; perhaps only I am not the same that I was 15 – 20 years back. Even today people are playing ludo, otherwise why a big biscuit company will give ludo free with every pack. Otherwise why this cycling competition was held there.
I think I need to be more observant about things.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें