रविवार, 30 मई 2010

"S" (Success) Comes After "F" (Failure)

It is said that failure is the first step to success. I agree. I agree, because I have seen it time and again in my this much life. Although I can’t say that I didn’t have seen success in my life, but whatever the little success had came in my life, came late and after taking my whole lot of effort.
I remember the day when I didn’t have got selected for NCC Navy Core during my school days and was reluctantly went to join Scout. I remember my difficult survival for Rajya Puraskar in Scouting. I was almost abject of me passing out in this camp, but got cleared. I remember my selection for President Scout in the year 1998 because of my longevity as my contemporary batch mate was out of the school and went to study some good convent school. During this bivouac in Madhupur, a beautiful Railway Learning Center in Southern part of Bihar, I was getting cleared of by just a couple of marks more than the passing marks. My passing of this camp was appearing almost impossible. This really had frustrated me a lot and I worked hard in the final test. Out of a miracle of my really hard work at the eleventh hour, I happened to be the only guy from Bihar who get cleared into this camp and became President Scout. Oh god, how can I forget that moment when the CO of that camp had declared the result of that camp on the last day!
I came home after the camp and had announced my passing into that camp and becoming President Scout, the highest grade of the Scouting, my Dad felt so happy and had went to market to bring some Jalebi, a local Indian Sweet, for the entire family to celebrate my this little success which literally doesn’t have any significance in making career in future. Whatever, a success is a success, be it a small or big. Moreover I know what it took to get this success.
I remember my MBA days, when I was considered to be a mediocre student. It was the first semester of MBA and like most of the other student in that college, I was more into enjoying this time and was not studying much. Than a time came when our exams started hovering over our head and we then have started studying. That time intention was just to score leastways that much marks to keep the terms. During our internal exam, I scored highest in Managerial Economics. I probably had got highest marks because of my good handwriting or probably all had studied equally and I would have got advantage because of my way of writing answer. This actually had given me relief, but pain to one of my classmate. He was so depressed of me getting highest marks in this subject which that guy was having an opinion that he is the best in this subject. So in this state of mind he commented over the internal politics and face value than the intelligence for getting marks in internal exam. Again a failure, if not totally than partially, had motivated me to work hard and harder to get an edge. Goss, I scored a good mark even in the external exam and stood among 5 top students in that semester. This initial success actually had motivated me to work hard. In fact, I had got a taste of success and started studying hard and finally stood Topper in Marketing Stream. Another little success that came after some initial failure. In fact, every time I got success only after some initial failure.

If I recall my past, I could figure out that I had never been taken seriously. People started noticing me only after some successes. I learned that to get noticed you need to perform. This fact had given me strength to work hard and harder to make my good name into the arena of which I am the part of during that point of time.

This was not end of the difficult time in my life. I think the worst had to come yet into my life. And it doesn’t took much time to experience me that worst in my life.

I remember my days during my practically first job in Cadila Healthcare Ltd. I got selected into this esteemed Pharmaceutical Firm and went for about a month long training program in Ahmedabad (Gujrat). There a batch of training had already been started and I joined that batch after about a week of its commencement. There some of the experts were giving us training on subjects related to human systems and application of various chemical molecules over the system. Since I joined this training program after a week of its start, some of the basic course had been covered. It was whole lot of new subject for me to study. So I was finding some difficulty in adjusting with the training program. It wasn’t because I was dumb in that subject, but because I had missed the basics, which were being taught in the very first week. Hence I was not getting all the things that were been taught in that training. At the top of it, they were taking test every evening about what they taught us. In those test, I could not be able to perform. A day came when the training manager Mr. Mahadev Rao had berated me for I am not answering questions he asked in the classroom and am not up to the mark intellectually to join this organization. He told me to keep my luggage packed and go home if I could miss even a single question next day. This had given me a great feeling of failure and I studied for the whole evening and night. When other roommates of my room in the hotel were playing and enjoying their time, I was studying and trying to cover all the subjects, which was being taught. It was not because to save my job, but to show the world what I am. I didn’t have taken sleep that night. My roommates were saying to leave the training program before the class to avoid any embracement in the classroom. Even they were not having faith over me to clear this challenge. After this much vilification, I do wanted to leave this training and job, but not as a failure but as a winner. Next morning, the class started at 8 in the morning. Mahadev Rao came to the classroom and asked me to come to the dice and give presentation. When I asked about the topic that to on which topic should I give presentation, he said, “It doesn’t matter on which topic you want to give presentation today, as this is your last day in the training camp and will have to leave the training and company after your presentation. I suppose, you must have packed your luggage”.

I said, “Yes sir, I have packed my luggage. I would like to start this presentation from the basics and would slowly proceed to whatever had been taught in this training program till the date”.

As I started my presentation, Mahadev Rao was hearing it very casually. With the progress of my presentation, Rao started listening and at the end of my presentation, he commented, “See he write alphabet “S” very differently”. Yes I write “S” very differently and I always write it better than anyone. After joining my territory in Mumbai, I did what was dreamt of doing in that territory. My bosses have noticed me into the company and my good work have been appreciated by all.

Same thing had happened in my next company Nestle India Ltd, where initially I have not been noticed, and then when I started performing, got a good éclat in the company.

I don’t know whether I should have to get motivated of my past failure or not but every time I get failure, I try to sharpen my axe to get an edge over others.
This is just a start of my life; I don’t know what time has stored for me in future.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें