शनिवार, 2 जून 2012

Outliers

This entire week was most happening travel week for me. Most happening because my travel was not planned thoroughly. And that had made it most adventurous week for me.

I had planned to go to Madhupur, a small Block of Jharkhand state. I had some very old day’s memories for Madhupur. It was year 1994, when I had come to Madhupur to attend President Scout camp. That three days camp had given me chance to travel length and breadth in this very beautiful city. Though these 1994 memories are very old to remember but what I remember till now the most is abundant greeneries in Madhupur. It was like a city in the middle of dense forest. Though in 1994, I was too young to fall in love, but had fallen in love with that city and its purity. After 18 years I am again in this city with the same 1994 memories. But in these 18 years, things have changed drastically. There was no mark of greeneries. City has converted now into Concreat Jungle with people all around.

But this is not something that is making this city Outlier. It’s about people coming in my life, though for a short... Very short while, but making mark on my memories. Decent, good mark.

After finishing my work at Madhupur, I supposedly was traveling back to Kolkata through some train. Luckily this 11th hour plan had ended up getting a confirm ticket in train. Although this train was taking more than usual time to reach Kolkata but how come beggars is chooser!

I boarded this late running train from Madhupur after bidding regards to the city for being in my memories. Had found my berth in the coach and accommodated myself comfortably there. I was carrying E-Ticket in my mobile. It was just a quest to save some trees of Madhupur. An old man in the TTE dress had come to me to check my ticket. He was in his late fifties'. I had handed over my mobile to him to see the E-Ticket. The font size was not that big to read that. He tried reading the ticket, had adjusted his specs to see it but the font size was creating trouble for him. I asked him if I can help him by dictating the PNR number, he felt very awkward about not able to read and when I consoled him; he had given a warm smile to me. Ever since I boarded the train, I was observing this old man. He was making every one comfortable in the coach. He was having a very warm way of interacting with passengers. Everybody was actually enjoying the journey in his presence. He was coming to every coop and interacting with passengers sitting there. Wow! What a man. This old man reminds me of Danny Desai. Danny was one pilot in Raipur - Mumbai route. I often was traveling in this route. The journey there was of about 1.5 hour. When it is journey through flight, it’s very boring. You have restricted movement. Even very less chances of interacting with co-passengers. So during the journey, you can either read books or sleep while listening music to kill your boredom. And this Mr. Danny was quite very aware of this fact. While this whole 1.5 hour journey, he keeps speaking on microphone, not to bore you further but to entertain you. He was such a nice orator that everyone in the flight use to enjoy his murmuring.

People like the Old TTE or Danny are actually having passion towards their work that they just enjoy every moment of it. These people are actual Outliers in true sense.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें