मंगलवार, 15 दिसंबर 2009

Job For All - The Magic of Democracy

I was going through a highway to work in a Rural Market called Rajim. This is one of the historical Tehsil of Raipur District. Unfortunately just near to the city, the tyre of our bike bursts. Now we were left with no  option but to pull the bike on the highway so as to get some puncture shop. And to our great relief we managed to find a puncture shop just after around 2 KM of rigorously pulling the bike. While the puncture-wala was busy repairing the tube, I and my colleague were talking about the agenda of the day. Suddenly our engrossment broke by the dissonance of the crowd walking on the road and was around 200 – 300 meter away from us. Seeing this, the puncture-wala started working very fast so as to finish the work before the crowd comes to him. I asked what the problem is.
He said, “The Municipal Council Election is on and this rally is to support one of the contender of the election”.
Then I asked, “But why are you worried to finish the work before they reach you?”
“Arre the candidate of the election is my friend and I do have to join the procession to support him”.
This aroused my interest to know more about the election and this candidate contending for the election. While, the mechanic was in hastiness to finish the work before they reach us, I started talking to him. I asked about the profile of the candidate. He said that the candidate is having a small shop in the city. He is quite a good guy and everybody in the city knows him because of the fact he is quite helpful to the people. We only have motivated him to fight for the election. There are fare chances of him winning the election.

I was so happy to know that the Democracy no longer is the matter of drawing room discussion of middle or upper middle class people. This even has reached to the mass. They actively have started participating in the election even. Good that India is moving in a vertical manner as far as awareness is concern! Good story to tell.

So finally the crowd, sorry, the rally reached the puncture shop in their course of all dramatic locutions. The rally was having not less than a thousand participants. I was surprised to see the crowd. Few of the people from the rally came to the puncture – wala and asked him to shut the shop and be with them. He said that after finishing my work he will go with them and has started concentrating over the repairing work of my bike.
I got chance to talk to the people standing at the shop, waiting for the puncture – wala to finish his work.
I asked one person about the election pronunciamento of the candidate whom they are supporting. Now here was my chance to get more surprises. He said he don’t know any thing about the manifesto of the candidate. He is much worried about 70 bucks (The new rates are 200 rupees! Thanks to my maid for updating this information.) along with the lunch he is getting for being part of this rally!
Humm…
I asked if how many people are there who are getting paid for attending this rally, he replied, about 450. Also during the election season same set of people can be seen attending rally of almost all the contender of the election. And if they are being paid about 70 bucks (Rs. 200 is the new rates, I wish the share market snakes would progress in such a tremendous speed!) just for shouting slogan in favor of the candidate for an hour or two, why not they attend such rally. After all everyone has the right to earn extra money in the democratic country. Isn’t it.

The biggest and largest democracy of world has moved way ahead in this regard. People really don’t know if the candidate they are electing would bring some positive change in their life or not but pre – election campaign is definitely creating some temporary jobs for all… and also a plate full of meal. Who says election in democratic country is a dirty game. They must have to be part of one such election to change their thought, as perhaps I changed mine...

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें