बुधवार, 6 जनवरी 2010

Mohajir : The Escape of Religious Persecution

The word is “Mohajir. This is an Arabic word meaning migrant. It has a religious connotation, denoting the faithful who followed Muhammad to Medina from Mecca in 622 to escape religious persecution.


But why I am researching on this word? What is great about this word?

The reason is very simple. Last week, the Muslim of the world had celebrated “Muharram”. Muharram festival commemorates the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain, the grandson of the Holy Prophet. This festival starts at the 1st day of Muharram and lasts for 10 days until 10th of Muharram. Muharram is the first month of Islamic calendar.

One of my Muslim employees had given me all these information just a day prior to the occasion. In response, I told him to take leave on the day irrespective of the fact that we were not having listed holiday for this festival. That guy told me that the celebration begins in the evening and probably he would leave early instead of taking a day off.

On the day of Muharram, I was so much occupied with the work that I wouldn’t be able to talk to him. During evening tea time, I made a call to him regarding his plan to leave early. He was in the middle of his work and very courteously said, “Boss I had married with my work and hence have changed my religion. And my in this new religion, we celebrate only after accomplishing the job assigned”, and he got engaged into his work.

I was so delighted rather imperceptible to hear this.

Mohajir were those faithful who followed Muhammad Saheb to Medina from Mecca to escape religious persecution. And this man is a Mohajir in a real good sense. Buddy your this gesture had taught me another lesson of life time. Thanks a lot…


कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें