मंगलवार, 26 जनवरी 2010

The Reebok and Nike Talk on Berth No- 18

Group dynamics is one thing which always fascinates me. I really do not understand why we find deep association between people only within the geography which is often being used by them. An association would be possible any where which may not be used by us much frequently. This association may lead to a deep bonding even. It is happening in our surroundings. Then why it is not the part of Law of Group Dynamics?


It was another opportunity for me to travel and to understand human psychology better and more of my behavioral pattern with different group of people better. I again was on the way to Raipur from Patna. My berth number was 18 in the train. So I sat on my seat when the train arrived at Patna. A few minutes later, this sweet lady with her grand father came and insisted that number 18 is her berth and probably I had been fooled by the travel agent while making my ticket. I said; OK let’s wait for the TTE. He will come and resolve the issue. Though I knew that her berth numbers were 17 and 20 which I already had read on the reservation chart sticked over the train’s gate. I let the time flow and let her be in a state of dilemma for the berth and enjoy the situation. After all after a long time I had got a chance to share a train compartment with any girl that to a so beautiful one. I offered her grand father the berth and arranged the bed so that he could rest since it was night train.

I and that lady were sitting on the same seat opposite to his grand father’s berth. She was busy with her mobile and I was with a book I was carrying. After about half an hour the TTE came and had clarified her berth status which was already clears to me. After being clarified that it’s not me who got fooled by the travel agent, but was her misunderstanding which had lead to this sweet crisis, she literally was feeling embarrassed of the situation.

After about a couple of minutes, she broke the ice and said, “Is Reebok your favorite brand?”

“Not exactly, but why?”

“Since you are wearing shoes and watch of this company so I thought so.”

“Okey, but it was just a coincidence and nothing sort of liking of the brand but are you a Nike follower” I asked, since the talk had started in this way only.

“Oh yes, I like the brand so much that all my possessions belong to this brand only. In fact I have become a brand patronage of this brand.”

“OK, so you are a management student.”

“Yes, but how did you know that?”

“Because you smell like a management guy.”

“Oh no, am I smelling bad?”

“I really don’t know, but I had smelled a breeze of sweet fragrance when you entered into the compartment.”

And to this she literally blushed. This is how a group was in formation, in a place which is not often being used by me neither by that girl.

For almost the whole night we were talking. She made sure to talk to me in English only as she thought a management guy should speak in English. She was also very much conscious while talking to me as what she is saying and how I am replying.

As my nature, I was just enjoying the talk and giving her lot of opportunity to laugh in between the talk. Thanks to my little sense of humor which always helps me during these kind of situation.

And that was not enough. She said, why don’t we stand at the gate or sit on the attendant’s seat to talk as people has started sleeping and our talk would disturb them. How can I say no to a beautiful girl! We started talking initially to kill the time and then the talk started progressing to know each other and understand each other. And it was just talking, talking and talking. By the time the train reached to her destination, we knew each other very well. The bonding was so much strong that we were feeling that we are long time buddy and that we met after a long time. We exchanged our facebook and orkut ID and she left.

Well a group has been formed. A deep association had been build up. But this deep association was stretched till the journey time only. There were very little chances that we would continue like a chuddy-buddy for a longer time.

I think the Law of Group Dynamics is right.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें