सोमवार, 26 अप्रैल 2010

In Search of Story



Since some time, I have started observing things more deeply. This was a way to prognosticate things in a way to pen it down. Actually, I started looking anything happening around as a topic to write. When I see a woman carrying heavy loads over her head, I see it as her quest to earn some penny to fulfill the desire of her husband’s habit of drinking liquor. If some lady is coming out of her luxurious car with some scar over her face, I try finding story behind the scar. If a man is seen going on his bicycle with a Tiffin box in the carrier of the cycle, I start thinking of some story associated with him. If a kid is being seen at a dhaba, I try sensing some narration behind him. In fact, I started seeing every individual as a story. 

If I recall my old days, I had never been so much observant about things, though I was having a habit of writing even in those days.

And in this course of identifying a topic to write, I don’t know when I myself have become a topic for others.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें