गुरुवार, 9 जुलाई 2020

The Adventure of Ricky 4 : The Lonely Island

Ricky was walking with his rabbit Rib on the hill lock near his house. He was talking to his lovely rabbit. Both always were enjoying each other’s company. The sky was clean a cold breeze was making the climate very pleasant. They both were happily walking and talking.

There was an Eagle flying far off. It was coming closer to their them. They were not aware of this and was in their own flow.

Suddenly the Eagle came too close to them and tried lifting the Rabbit Rib. But that missed the target and lifted Ricky by his shoulders.

Ricky got scared and had almost fainted. The Eagle was flying high and was unaware of what he had lifted. He was happy lifting the prey since it was feeling heavy to him. He was thinking that this food will last for long. Suddenly Ricky shouted loud with fear seeing down. This made the Eagle look down of surprise as from where the kid’s voice is coming. He looked down to his claws, of got this is a kid. I made mistake in plundering. Oh no, what will I do with this prey. I don’t eat human. He saw a lonely island far off. He flied there, slowed down when Island was below and flied lower. He left Ricky there and flew of off the fear.

Ricky was unconscious and wasn’t aware what had just now happened. When he gained his consciousness, he got shocked. He was in a lonely planet with no one around. It was a small island surrounded by sea.

He got up and started taking a stride in the island. He was walking around expecting to see someone to help him. He couldn’t see anyone around. He was a bit nervous and feared as to what will he do on this island for the whole life. He was feeling hungry as well. He saw a banana tree. He pulled few bananas and eat that. It was really very tasty and sweet. He felt full eating those bananas. He was walking around and trying to see how he can reach his home back. There was no one around and nothing except trees and wood logs were there on the island. He returned to the beach.

He sat on a rock near the sea. He started feeling thirsty. He took a handful of sea water and drank it. Yuk, it is salty and doesn’t taste good. He spit all. He looked around and saw few coconuts on the ground. Perhaps it fell down of the trees. He picked one, hit with a small rock on the top. It opened, he drank the coconut water and was feeling very relieved. Now what. What can he do now? He was not understanding what to do. He again returned to the rock near the sea and sat on that. He started crying. Crying aloud.

A baby Shark came near to him from the sea hearing his cry.

“What happened boy? Why are you crying?”

Oh god! Why do I keep getting trouble? He stepped back seeing the shark and almost started running.

The baby shark shouted aloud, “Don’t be feared, I am Shreek Shark. I live near this Island. I heard you crying and came to help you. Come back. Don’t run. No one lives on this island.” He was trying to console Ricky.

Ricky got a little relieved. He came back to the rock. He now as a little more confident seeing a hope of getting help from Shreek the Shark.

“What’s the problem boy? Why are you crying? How you reached here?” Shreek threw lot of questions to Ricky.

“I am Ricky…” And he told the story of him reaching here to the baby shark.

“Do you know which direction you came from? I can take you to that direction on my back.”

“I saw few flamingos flying from that direction”, Ricky pointed at one side, “I saw them near my house where a plenty of flamingos lives. I think my house would be in that direction.”

“Hmm, sit on my back and I will take you to that direction. Perhaps you can reach home safe.” The shark came near to the rock where Ricky was sitting. Ricky climbed on the back of the Shark, but ewuuu he slipped from the back. He tried again but again he fell down.

“Oh, it is very slippery. I can’t climb and sit on your back. It is risky to swim this way. I will fell down on the way and would be difficult for me to swim in the mid-stream.” Ricky was talking like a priest.

“Then what is the way out now?” Shark was a little despondent.

“Let me see what’s the other way now.” Ricky started walking here and there on the beach. Shark was seeing him walking left right. He rested his head on the rock Ricky was sitting on.

Suddenly, Ricky stopped walking and came near the rock with a smiling face. “I have an idea. Let me see if I can find some wood logs here. Will tie them up with the aerial roots of the trees. Will make a small boat of that. Then will tie one long root at the end. You hold that with your teeth and swim to pull the boat. This way will reach home safe.” Ricky was having quite a convincing idea. Shreek was happy to hear this. He was excited to pull a boat.

“But there is a problem Shreek. I don’t have any knife to cut the roots and put the wood logs into the right shape. Oh, now looks like I will have to stay in this island for the whole life.” Suddenly Ricky hung his head in disappointment. A good plan was put into the hold due to unavailability of appropriate equipment.

“Don’t be sad Ricky, I have a saw which fell down from a ship while going from this side of the sea. I kept that in my barn thinking it may hurt other creatures of the sea. Just wait for a while, I am bringing it for you. It may be a help to you I believe.” Shark was very excited to give solution to Ricky’s problem. He turned and swamp fast to his barn.
A few moment latter, Shark came to the rock holding a big saw in his mouth.

“Wow, this is too much a help to me my friend. Now I can cut anything to its shape. Thank You So Much.” Ricky hugged the Shark.

He took the saw and was on his work of making a boat. He was doing it near the rock since it was not safe for Shark to come on the land. Shreek was also helping Ricky in making the boat and tying the roots on the log.
Here it is now. After quite a hard work, Ricky and Shreek was able to make a boat. Finally, Ricky tie a big root at one end of the boat. Shreek hold that root in his mouth and pulled the boat to the water. Ricky sat on that. And now both Ricky and Shreek was gliding on the sea water. Few flamingos were flying over them and were showing them the direction to Ricky’s home. After a while they touched the land near Ricky’s home. It made Ricky very happy. He was relieved now reaching the land near his home.
He hugged Shreek and kissed him on his nose. He shakes hands with the Flamingo for helping them get the right direction.

Ricky not had got quite a few good friends, and a great adventure story to tell his school friends.


- Amitesh

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें