सोमवार, 6 जुलाई 2009

Naxalites: - The Transgress Mortal

Naxalism, still a topic for me to learn and understand it better.
In this quest of understanding the subject, I was literally digging my library for the whole Sunday. I got another book, which if not was on Naxalism, was somehow related to it. It was Mahashweta Devi’s “Bhookh” (भूख). Mahashweta Devi is one of the treasured Indian Author who had written books in Bangla, Hindi and English. Her novel “Bhookh” was scripted around the tribal life of “Palamu” a district of now Jharkhand. This books deals with the Zamindari Pratha and Bandhua Majduri. Here in this novel, the tribal people of Kheda, Jhujharu, Laratu and several like villages were being exploited by the Zamindar of that place. Tribal people were made slave, their ladies were being property of Zamindar, and people were forced to work for the Landlord for a handful of corn.
When the victimization had crossed all the limits, the villagers joined their hand together and formed an extremist group to fight for their rights. And to ask for their rights, they became violent and started killing people of landlord. This movement had been supported by some of the communists of nearby big towns. This way the local police started suspecting as the dawn of Naxalite movement in Palamu.

I read this novel in a single sitting on Sunday night. This may not be the documented cognitive process of dawn of Naxalism, but would definitely have been started because of all these slavery, oppression and exploitation. Though this may be one surmise. Things are not that simple as it looks like.

I remember an incident of village Bara of Jahanabad (Bihar) where in the year 1996 a more than 56 people were being killed by the Naxalite group MCC in retaliation. As per one of the report of BBC, right from 1967 till 2008, as much as 8000 people were being killed because of Naxalism. I don’t understand, by killing people, entire village and humanity how someone could establish social justice! Isn’t it a way to dissemble ones own weakness. I cannot educate my people to understand their right so I taught them to take gun and hunt for their own right… an Eye for an Eye kind of act. Though I am still digging the topic, but still I think that “The Naxalism Philosophy is good but the mechanism adopted for Social Justice is not at all acceptable by society”. This is not in the benefit of the mankind.

Tomorrow, I am going to Bastar. Probably I would get some more insight on this subject.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें