रविवार, 19 जुलाई 2009

Wake Up Or Its Never Be Tomorrow...

Yesterday, I was standing outside my Stockist Office talking on my cell phone. It was very pleasant evening. Small dapples of clouds were scattered here and there in the sky waiting to rejoin to wash the world clean. While I was talking on phone, a guy came near to me and stands there as if he was waiting for me to finish my talk on phone.
As I finished my talk, he came nearer to me and asked in Chattisgadhi language that he didn’t have had tea since morning and if I could give him a five rupee coin? That guy was of quite strong build and not from any attribute was looking like incapacitate doing work. I inquired what he is doing. He said that he is not doing any work… Then why doesn’t he work. He said, see if you want to give money give me otherwise don’t give me gyan. I would ask some other person…
What… I was almost speechless hearing this. Why mendicancy is better option than working.
I remember an incident of Mumbai. This is some five year back incident when in a pleasant evening, I was sitting opposite to Hilton Tower at Marine Drive, which once was use to be one of the favorite place of mine to sit and pass time counting waves and observing colorful people running here and there in hurry. I was just observing people there and then I saw a father – son duo sitting on the wall and talking to each other. Lot of packmans was moving on footpath to sell their products. There a small kid of age of 9 – 10 years was also among those hawkers, who were selling popcorn. The son called that kid and asked for Popcorn. The cost of one packet of popcorn was five rupee. Son gave him a 10 rupee note, took one packet and said to keep remaining money. That kid felt astonished of the situation. He was in confusion whether to keep remaining 5 bucks or not. Suddenly he picks one more packet of popcorn from his bag, kept it in the young son’s hand and ran away shouting popcorn… popcorn…
My goodness, he was just a kid and was getting 5 bucks as tip. This amount would have been enough for him to freak out and have something to eat and enjoy. But he rather behaved like a businessman and had sold one more packet of popcorn…I was amused seeing that kids great sense of decision-making.

And here is this man… I am still speechless and just want to let my subconscious mind do the work.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें